Thursday, April 13, 2006

a walk down...the lane!

so i'm walking!
i'm starting to feel kidogo warm.
this weather confuses me!
i spot a solitary goose.
hah! what happens if it attacks me!....
a young kenyan woman was today mauled by a bird with issues....
then i spot a tree...oh wow!it was like a slice of japan, 'plop!'had landed smack dab in the middle of campus...i wanted to hug that tree...it and its fine cherry blossoms!

tangent :

doesnt this squirell look happy!










Anyway, Its been an interesting few days! Somehow I’ve been able to catch quite a few movies without spending mob cash !yei!so in the last week or so I’ve watched inside man, the phantoms opera, a bit of ladder 49, miss congeniality 2, she’s the man, princess diaries , Mansfield park, and now i'm off to watch usual suspects and sleepers! heh, talk about a mix!
I need to lay off the girly movies ,cause those things ! the serious ones like Mansfield park, can give you a mad complex!other ones like shes the man….are just bila impact!Hence, im toughening up with a good dose of the Mafioso type-esque movies (usual suspects et al.) and now im in the process of reading the constant gardener( seeing as I haven't watched the movie) As usual I’m considerably thrilled to let my mind wander! i think my imagination is too active !after spending time with movies or books its just ripe! ripe with ...adventure!Sedatives were made for such a time as this!
Now, on the regular, I’m pretty oblivious as to the activities that may be occurring in the corridors of the higher echelons of the political elite (ai,that sentence i'm doubting its gramatically correct) you know; the cunning, the extended ruses ,dark affiliations , mental sewers, amoral deportments, the mind games, manipulations, deceit, espionage and the general evil ambience of most political landscapes. I could call it naiveté but at the same time I’m aware that for me, ignorance is high bliss! So here I am reading constant gardener and thinking/daydreaming polite!
I think of the Armenians, and then think of the shady deals that must be going down in the NGO underworld! and then out pops mama shady (teren teren)! the noble heroine,with the long flowing locks!(that’s the cue for the Baywatch hair flicking-over-shoulder move) now, i'm kinda like the female version of antonio banderas in desperado(I like guitar men!) ready to fight and restore peace and justice! To fight for her people, whatever the cost!
The sequel to constant Gardener is born!

Anywho, A part of me wonders, ‘heh, Kenya is tech! Imagine we even have drama of spies and what not’, then another part of me is like, ‘this cant be for real’, then another part of me(I seem to have many parts) just feels sad for clueless Kenyans such as myself !

Qsn: Is there some reality to the way Mr. le Carré depicts Kenya?

Everything is not as simple as it may seem is what I’ve realized. But I wonder, what next for a simple Kenyan such as myself? What next for the rest of the populace who has no hint of the present/past machinations that are at play? Those things boiling just under the surface? How do we get out of this rut?sometimes it feels like we’re so stuck!
And then I thought of India and its slow rise from the doldrums. the heightened investment in some of its cities etc. and I asked myself, how does kenya get to that point How do we bring investment?(if that’s a good thing)how do we create jobs?or on the other hand, someone mentioned the other day that what Kenya should do is close off its borders , in all ways, and reinvent itself!forget foreign ties or investment, cut off our dependency and all other chords that hold us to the west. we tell them 'yawa,ebu hora!' But if this is the solution , would our leaders even embrace it?
Heh, God help us.
oh! may God be with the families of the MP's who passed away in that terrible crash!life can be quite short!

No comments: