Thursday, November 23, 2006
Frederick Buechner-Telling Secrets
Saturday, November 11, 2006
Friday, November 10, 2006
ive come across different opinions e.g
- the kenyan music industry is trying too hard to ape industries in other parts of the world without considering the market in which they want to sell their music
- kenya has much talent but quality control ,in terms of good production, good training , good equipment , good service etc is lacking
- the kenyan music scene is filled with cliques!now in most cases you need these cliques to establish yourselffirmly, however, (said like those teachers in primo) these cliques seem mildly impenetrable. catch 22!
- kenyans need to spend more time perfecting and learning more about their art.theres a lot of authentic stuff out there , be it DO misiani , katitu boys or some random orutu player jamming o the sidewalk.we have loads of traditional stuff to draw from .but we ignore it. kenyans are becoming culturally emaciated.
- anyone can love music but few are willing to work at it or develop as artists.
- kapuka this kapuka nini!what kind of music is that.bila substance.
- musicians in kenya need to learn how to take it one step at a time. thers no way we'll become the best over night.it takes much investment that most musicians are not willing to undertake.
and so on and so forth!yurr!theres much to be said. i love music. really . so ebu stop pirating kenyan music! even when you think its wack but you just like that one song on the album. dont hate aimlessly but support! support! support! support the artisits around you. dont criticise out of a vacuum!you may have no idea what youre talking about or what it takes .criticise constructively .
AND dont forget youre culture!HEH! people forget the richness that our cultures add to life. and im not giving you a license to be uncouth! take the good aspects of youre culture and roll with them. and usisahau God comes first. sometimes i cant imagine what music in heaven will be like. hes the ultimate composer. knows where a harmony will touch your soul mpaka you only be able to say wahlalalala!