Friday, May 18, 2007

SOS

My bed is falling apart! All its legs are kaput, and it tends to swing from side to side .So when time for bed fikas, its all about finesse.No somersaulting into the bed nowadays…sigh. The landlord knows about these my tribulations lakini he is procrastination incarnate and so won’t do jack until we leave. Plus there are like 50 other things he has to fix in the house, so what’s a bed!Anyway…

So why I blog…ma broda methu , he tag me o’!

Tangent: Have any of you ever used the line…
‘So, (ahem, cough)..what are you wearing ?’
-It’s usually delivered hukooo at some dubious hour of the night, usually on a phone or other technological gadget.

Well, I have been told this line like twice before and I gagged both times, even though it was a pal just trying to wind me up. Anyway apart from it being the wackest line on earth, It cracks me up sana! I mean surely what kind of a question is that. Anyway, even if I answered, a boy would be in for a rude shock, cause the haute couture reigning in my palace is …(drums please, ata those Chinese cymbals)
….an orange sweater, luminous green pants and lilac bedroom sleepers…oh pink socks too. I speak the truth. I’ll bandika the purple headscarf in a few minutes.
Comfort must always come first.
I think sometimes my British housemate really shangaaz.

Anyway, why I blog
Eh…

1. Why not? plus internet is available and fast, I need to make good use of it. I actually pay £5 a month for unlimited wireless access. Brilliant speeds. But I digress ( or is it brag)

2. Because I like playing with words and I think I could have a good laugh one day when I look back and see some of the nonsense I wrote. Plus I suck at keeping a journal.... Yes, I have failed as a woman.So this is my attempt at trying to get ‘with it’.

3. Mehn!people are interesting! this world of blog has really opened my eyes. Many of your blog’s have been a source of inspiration and have challenged me. You wouldn’t believe what deep and meaningful lessons I encounter when…bla bla bla.
sorry had to stop there, was getting too mushy, but in summary I’m learning stuff and have ‘met’ interesting people. Oh, and I laugh a lot. I love laughing. Some of you are very funny.

4. Aish, I haven’t reached five…urrrm, freedom of speech. I can ramble and dot, and the best bit , I can do it bila direct censure. Anonymity people, the best thing since sliced bread.(Ive never gotten that, sliced bread?!)

5. …clearly I cant think of another reason…so lets put it this way, nos 5 is still under construction.

Goodnight world.

20 comments:

egm said...

Kwani landlords provide vitanda?

United Colours of Nyarshady, I see!

#2, same here. The sucking at keeping a journal part, that is...

#3. Agreed!

#4 So what was the thing that predated sliced bread that things used to be the best thing since?

Unknown said...

Could one of the ladies out there please provide Mamashady here with a Nightclothes makeover!! :-)
1. Lucky you where I live I have to hog the one internet computer after work.
3. Totally there is something interesting and unique in every blog you read.
4. Freedom of speech rules!

mama shady said...

@egm:they provide!infact ebu let me give landlords of hukus some credit. most places come partly furnished!united colours for true-o!lakini we must do these things, youve never heard that wearing brightly coloured underwear does something for the soul;)i have no idea what predated sliced bread...umbrellas, telephones,small chupis..i dont know;)
@kirima:woi kirima! why are you toaring me rangi!(hehehe)for you leo, i will crack out my baby blue 3-quarters!

egm said...

Aiee, kwani what's with you and your fascination for underwear? You've mentioned it twice in your response! Lucky you huko. Here, standard is fridge and cooker (they call them stoves... have never gotten used to that). Everything else you provide. If you want furnished, utalipa premium. So moving is usually a nightmare!

mama shady said...

heh!no fascination, hmm, maybe i should edit that comment.your making me look suspect!;)i hate moving!even if its just a few boxes, especially when you dont have access to a car.

Kayliz said...

ati failed as a woman? kay that just cracked me up - I dont know why. Is that bad?
*colorful* nighties you got there. Me I just have maasai colored(red and black checkered) PJs

R said...

I couldn't get past five pounds a month for a top of the range, unlimited wireless connection.

How now?

Life is so grossly unfair.

(Off I sulk about how much I pay per month for a flighty connection.)

Klara said...

Freedom of Spech Indeed! LOL
Good enough...

Anonymous said...

Weekendi unado??

Tokea Twickenham.

Details on my blog

Ichiena said...

Aiiii....what rituals do you undertake in your bed - first the coloured oufits and then the breaking bed? Mhmmmm?

LOL those reasons - freedom of expression? Good one.

mama shady said...

@kayliz:no its not bad,it was meant as a joke!once in a while a girl has got to break out the bright ones...umejaribu with your black and red!
@r-pole!i wish could say more.feel reassured in the fact that i wont be in this country forever.maybe by the time i come back home internet speeds will be wonderful...we will hope.
@klara:as you can see, coming up with reasons was kidogo hard.
@mocha:sadly jameni, i cant make it!it is quite sad!of all the weekends twikenham could have fallen on , it chose this one...next year perhaps.
@ichiena:ai!kichwa iko wapi dada.i actually dont somersault on the bed,maybe it was wishful thinking but i just felt like saying it. i should choose my words (even) more carefully from now on;)but for the sake of clarity,the bed is of dubious quality,the colour of my clothes didnt shock it into disrepair;)freedom of expression..pia hio.

Princess said...

I agree with No. 5...there are amazing people in the blogosphere who never cease to put a smile on my face whenever I am catching up on blogs!! Everyone is unique and their blogs are a pleasure to read!!

Archer said...

My dear, kwani which bed breaking fujo is this that you sleep with? Ama you're one of those violent sleepers who, when waking up in the morning, find the duvet where, the pillow sijui where, then you've chapad a "running man" pose?

Those colours...jameni! No words for you.

I'm also thinking how lucky you are to pay £5 for unlimited wireless internet!

Unyc said...

ur bed ina break kwanini...same venturs as Archer breaking his arm...hmm

Enyewe bloggers are fascinating. The one's i hv met r crazy in a nice way.

Prousette said...

Did you have anything to do with the breaking of the bed? yes my mind was firmly in the gutter as to why the said bed is creaking lakini you shall forgive me for I do not know what I am doing...

Certainly you must dream in as vivid colors as your nightwear.

Juju said...

pole didnt comment here sooner. any news on the bed? did it finally give way? maze u just sleep on a mattress on the floor or something?

Juju said...

where are u? u have been tagged-- fanya recipe :)

3N said...

mama shady, how does getting busy gets done with a shaky bed? ama that's how it got in the state in the first place? LOL

egm said...

Umepotea sana! Umejificha wapi?

Anonymous said...

where are you girl?